Monday 8 June 2009

Hamburger Review: Cosmo Grill Munich

Cosmo Grill Munich

So Cosmo Grill is located on Munich's "supposedly-posh" Maximilian Strasse, which might explain their slightly higher prices. And I know I don't usually do include price since most gourmet burgers are around the same price. The problem I have with Cosmo grills burger is the size of their burger. It is just way too small. Being 50% more expensive and 30% smaller than the other burgers I have tried. The problem was... in the end I was still hungry.

So, what about the burger itself (besides the size). I had a standard burger, with their chili potatoes, and a coke (another burger place that doesn't have milk shakes). The bread was just mediocre, as it was very soggy and not properly caramelized I have to deduct a couple of points. The meat for the patties comes from a local bio-farmer, who's brochures are on display in the shop. But this doesn't help the burger if it is not properly grilled. This place is called Cosmo GRILL; then why are they using a teppanyaki grill to prepare the burger? They are not hot enough, miss the grill flavors which would otherwise settle in the meat, and the coloring is also not right.

The other ingredients were alright. Fresh and all, but the side dish was ... not my taste. If you like little potatoes in oil and a bit of chili or rosemary and sea-salt, you might like it.

Rating: 3 out of 6



No comments:

Post a Comment