Tuesday 16 June 2009

Hamburger Review: Frittiersalon Berlin


Frittiersalon Berlin

Frittiersalon is a small burger shack and I didn't expect to be blown away. You still have to eat a burger, to rate a burger; but first impressions usually do not lie.
If I was paid for my reviews, I might have even told the owners what was wrong with their burgers. ... OK, it's the grill. Some kitchen utensil salesman must have talked them into buying one of those top-bottom grills. While this time-efficiently heats the patties from the top and the bottom at the same time, it also squeezes all the juices out of it as. What they are left with is a flat piece of ... yeah, okay it is not as bad as shoe-sole, but close. The meat was probably very good before it was press-grilled, but I honestly can't tell you.

And then there was the bread,... I suspect it to be made by a bio baker or something alike. Don't get me wrong there is almost nothing wrong with the bread except that there wasn't enough sesame. But the way it was served was below standard. It was oily and greasy; and didn't look very yummy. As for the toppings, they were okay, except for the cheese. It was just placed on the patty (which wasn't warm enough to melt it), and just rested there like in a cheese sandwich.

The best part of the menu were probably the potatoes and the fries I had on the side.

P.S.: This place needs a man in the kitchen, and a proper grill.

Rating: 2 out of 6




No comments:

Post a Comment