Monday 22 June 2009

Hamburger Review: Neo Hamburg

Foreword (just to set the tone):
"I shouldn't have ordered the burger in the first place."

Neo Hamburg

.... let me think how to start this. As I have said before, you have to try in order to make a (fair) judgment. On the other hand, to make it "fair" you should only compare apples and oranges. For the same reason that I do not include B.K. and Maky D. in this blog, I should not include restaurants that cook food and also offer a hamburger. Because all you end up with is disappointment. On the other hand it makes you appreciate those real hamburgers made by certified burger connoisseurs.

So, what I got here was ... I think if I mention that I only ate half of it, this will best describe the quality of IT. And IT was just as scary as Pennywise the clown in that 80's Steven King movie. As always my standard order consisted of a regular cheeseburger and a milkshake. The milkshake was already wrong for my taste, as it was just vanilla flavored milk, without any ice-cream texture or the proper temperature for that matter. Then the burger came; a standard burger bun, which was a tad too dry, but acceptable. But there were other problems, that were sheer blasphemy against the burger god (who probably looks like an obese Fucker with all sorts of condiments in his beard - and not like Ronald McDonald). The salad was a salad mix, like the one you get in a bag at your local supermarket, which was then drowned in a heavy thousand island salad dressing. On top of this, some bonehead in the kitchen placed a piece of beef, which he had probably found on the bottom of the freezer, heated it in the microwave, for about 10 minutes and had then placed underneath his car to give it a dark color.

Yes, I do enjoy to be cynical, ... well I did, until I remembered: 'That they used mozzarella cheese'. On a cheeseburger, mozzarella? That's just as bad as putting stilton on a pizza margarita, and will probably send you directly to food hell, where they serve you recipes from the Gracie Field cookbook for the next hundred years.

The side-dishes were a shot glass with coleslaw, and bad fries.
Note: How to cook french fries: Soak the fries in ice water to remove excess starch, heat vegetable oil and blanche the fries at 160°C for about 5 minutes until the color changes. Let them cool down for about 10 minutes, and then fry them again at 185°C for about 1-2 minutes until they are golden brown.

My resume about the Neo burger. The best part of this burger were the three slices of onion.

Rating: 1 out of 6



No comments:

Post a Comment